AccuCOUNT Inventory Adjustment Guide
Table of Contents
Refreshing From Accounting / Load Items
Using the Scanner to Scan Inventory
Getting Scanner Files
Sorting and Verifying
The Entire Process
Delete Data Files
ACCUCOUNT INVENTORY ADJUSTMENT GUIDE:
This guide is written for version 2.93 of AccuCOUNT
and the current versions of Peachtree and QuickBooks. If you are running an earlier version of AccuCOUNT,
Peachtree, or QuickBooks, you will notice differences in the user interface as
well as the integration with the accounting software.
AccuCOUNT can be used to
take a current on hand inventory count of items in your location. This can be done in parts or the entire
store. For best accounting and inventory
practices, a physical inventory should be taken when your location is not
currently running sales. Before you
- Make sure that your store and items are all
- Draw out a map of the store to help you make
sure that all items get counted.
- Be sure to include displays, under stock, back
stock, and any other places that merchandise is located.
- If you’re in a warehouse environment then be
sure to include any items that have not be “shipped” out of accounting,
conversely don’t include any items that have not yet be received into
- Make sure that the Scanner has been charged.
- From the time you start the count until you are
done, you should consider not having anyone make inventory movements
inside accounting. You also MUST
be in SINGLE user mode to
complete the adjustment.
Refreshing From Accounting / Load Items: (top)
To refresh your item list to
AccuCOUNT you will need to click the Refresh
from accounting button. This will
create a request file and will call the AccuLINK adapter to connect to your
accounting program and get an updated item list. This is the correct choice to make when you
are about to download from the Scanner into AccuCOUNT.
Loading items that are currently stored in
AccuCOUNT can save you time. To do this
click on Load items; this will pull
items that are stored in memory since the last time AccuCOUNT was “refreshed
from accounting.” Load items is not as accurate as Refresh from accounting, and can lead to the possibility of
incorrectly updating accounting if someone has made adjustments to the item on
hand levels since the last refresh.
Using the Scanner to Scan Inventory: (top)
To prepare the Scanner to
being scanning items for adjustment:
- Press number 1 on the Scanner for RUN Program.
- Press number 2 for ADJUST.
- Press the orange key to turn on the laser, and
hold over the barcode that you need to scan.
- The scanner will beep, and the barcode
information will be displayed in the scanner under Item.
- The item’s description should be displayed at
the bottom at the screen.
- You may now perform your count, and type in how many
you have on hand for that item.
- Count all items on hand in the section that you
- If you scan the same item a second time, simply
enter the extra amount of that item that you found, AccuCOUNT will adjust
for the total that you scanned.
- Once you are done collecting data, press the
“ESC” key twice to return the Scanner main menu.
Getting Scanner Files: (top)
- On the Scanner press number 2 Send data.
- Place the scanner in the cradle, it should read
- In AccuCOUNT, in the Adjusting window, make sure
that your current on hand item list is showing, by refreshing from
- Press Get
- Press Read
- The scanner file will now download from the
scanner into the computer. You will see the location of the file in the
left click on the location of
the file and click Done.
- The items that you scanned will now be updated
in the Scanned column.
Sorting and Verifying: (top)
You can sort by clicking on
any column header. To verify what
items will be updated in accounting, simply click on the Adjust column. All items that will be adjusted will show
in this line, at the top, with a check in the box next to all items that will
be adjusted. At this point you will want to go through
the list and verify that the items and adjustments are correct. If
an item is not correct and you would like to recount it, then uncheck the box
next to it, this item will NOT be updated when you adjust accounting.
Adjusting Accounting: (top)
Now that you have double
checked that all items are correct, simply click Adjust. Any item with the check box checked will
be adjusted in accounting to the number of items listed in the scanned line.
The Entire Process: (top)
- From AccuCOUNT, go to Tasks -> Adjustments (Figure 1-1). The Adjustments window appears.
- Select Refresh
from accounting (Figure 1-2) or Load
items (Figure 1-3) to bring in the inventory list. Remember that Refresh from accounting is
a more accurate count of the current quantity on hand from accounting.
- If new items have been added to accounting,
upload a new lookup file. From the Scanner,
select 3 Utilities -> 1 Transfer
Files -> 3 Get Lookup. Once
it says “Connecting…” on the screen, from AccuCOUNT, go to Setup -> Create and Upload Scanner
Lookup File (Figure 1-4). The
file will download into the Scanner.
Once it is done downloading, the Scanner will beep.
- Scan items and enter counts, as outlined in the
step Using the Scanner to
- Once all items are scanned into the Scanner,
place the Scanner back in the cradle.
Select 2 Send data from
the Scanner. Once it says
“Connecting…” on the screen, from AccuCOUNT, select Get scanner files (Figure 1-5). A box will pop up.
- Select read
scanner (Figure 1-6). The Scanner
will beep and a file will show up in the box.
- Single left click on the file and select Done. (Figure 1-7)
- Verify that all items will be adjusted
- Click Adjust
to send all item adjustments into accounting. (Figure 1-8)
- Check the adapter to double check that the item
adjustments were imported successfully.
Delete Data Files: (top)
Now that the items have been
received into accounting, it is time to remove the data file from the Scanner. This is to remove the possibility of
accidental duplication of inventory adjustments in the future. To delete the data files:
1. On the Scanner, press 3 Utilities.
2. Select 3 Clear
3. Select Data
4. Select 1 All.
5. Select 1 Yes
to confirm deletion.
6. Once deleted, the Scanner will beep and “Data
deleted!” will be displayed on the screen.