AccuCOUNT Inventory Receiving Guide
ACCUCOUNT INVENTORY RECEIVING GUIDE:
This guide is written for version 2.78 of AccuCOUNT and the current versions of Peachtree and QuickBooks. If you are running an earlier version of AccuCOUNT, Peachtree, or QuickBooks, you will notice differences in the user interface as well as the integration with the accounting software.
AccuCOUNT can be used to receive inventory as it enters your store. This is done as though it is being received at a loading dock and gives you the opportunity to adjust the price of the item as it is unloaded. Before you receive:
- Make sure that the received goods are together.
MUST know the
POnumber of the items being received.
- You must be able to complete the entire process, as the ScanPal can not start the process a second time.
- Make sure that the ScanPal has been charged.
- Make sure your ScanPal has the latest lookup file downloaded.
Get List From Accounting\ Ordering in Accounting: (top)
1. AccuCOUNT references Purchase Order numbers from accounting software when trying to send receiving invoices to accounting.
2. These POs should always be created in accounting before you attempt to receive inventory. This is because if an item that you are ordering is brand new, then you would need to add this item to accounting before you attempt to receive it.
3. Once the
Using the ScanPal to Scan Inventory: (top)
1. Press number 1 on the ScanPal for Collect data.
2. Press number 1 for Receiving.
3. Enter the
4. Scan the item that has just arrived. The scanner will display the item description and current price (as listed in accounting).
5. Type in how many were received and press enter.
6. You will now be over the ‘Cost’ field; if the cost is correct or you don’t have the cost available at the loading dock then press enter to go to the next item. If the cost needs adjusted then type in the new cost value and press enter.
7. You are now ready to scan the next item.
8. Once you are done collecting data, press the “ESC” key twice to return to the ScanPal main window.
Get Scanner Files: (top)
1. On the ScanPal press number 2 Upload data.
2. Place the scanner in the cradle, it should read “Connecting…”
3. Press Get scanner files.
4. Press Read Scanner.
5. The scanner file will now download from the scanner into the computer. You will see the location of the file in the window.
6. Single left click on the location of the file and click Done.
Setting the Vendor For the
1. Your new
2. Double click on “
3. You will now need to choose a Vendor for this
4. Once this is done click Update Line, and the vendor selected will be displayed next to the
5. The list for the
6. Verify that the receivables were correct, if they are then skip to step 8; if they are not then single click the item(s) that is not and it will be displayed along the bottom for you to adjust.
7. Once you have entered the correct amount click Update Line. Complete steps 6 and 7 for each item that needs adjusted.
8. This invoice is now ready to send to accounting.
9. Click on Send to Accounting.
Adjusting Accounting Software: (top)
1. If your Receivable matches your items exactly, then
2. If your receivable does not match the
3. If you don’t want to make these adjustments then
simply close the
The Entire Process: (top)
- From AccuCOUNT, go to Tasks -> Receiving (Figure 1-1). The Receive items window appears.
- Select Get Item List from accounting (Figure 1-2) to bring in the inventory list.
- If new items have been added to accounting, upload a new lookup file. From the ScanPal, select 3 Utilities -> 8 Download Lookup. Once it says “Connecting…” on the screen, from AccuCOUNT, go to Setup -> Create and Upload ScanPal Lookup File (Figure 1-3). The file will download into the ScanPal. Once it is done downloading, the ScanPal will beep.
- Enter the
POin the ScanPal and scan items and enter counts and costs, as outlined in the step Using the ScanPal to Scan Inventory.
- Once all items are scanned into the ScanPal, place the ScanPal back in the cradle. Select 2 Upload data from the ScanPal. Once it says “Connecting…” on the screen, from AccuCOUNT, select Get scanner files (Figure 1-4). A box will pop up.
- Select read scanner (Figure 1-5). The ScanPal will beep and a file will show up in the box.
- Single left click on the file and select Done. (Figure 1-6)
- Click the
POand add a Vendor, click Update Line. (Figure 1-7)
- Verify that all the items are correct.
- Click on Send to Accounting. (Figure 1-8)
- Check the adapter to double check that the item receivables were imported successfully. (Figure 1-9)
- Verify items in accounting; possibly adjust the
receivable and update accordingly and close the
POwhen you are finished.
Delete Data Files: (top)
Now that the items have been received into accounting, it is time to remove the data file from the ScanPal. This is to remove accidental duplication of receivables in the future. To delete the data files:
1. On the ScanPal, press 3 Utilities.
2. Select 3 Delete Data.
3. Select Data file.
4. Select 1 All data.
5. Select 1 Yes to confirm deletion.
6. Once deleted, the ScanPal will beep and “Data deleted!” will be displayed on the screen.