AccuCOUNT Inventory Receiving Guide
ACCUCOUNT INVENTORY RECEIVING GUIDE:
This guide is written for version 2.93 of AccuCOUNT and the current versions of Peachtree and QuickBooks. If you are running an earlier version of AccuCOUNT, Peachtree, or QuickBooks, you will notice differences in the user interface as well as the integration with the accounting software.
AccuCOUNT can be used to receive inventory as it enters your store. This is done as though it is being received at a loading dock and gives you the opportunity to adjust the price of the item as it is unloaded. Before you receive:
Get List From Accounting\ Ordering in Accounting: (top)
1. AccuCOUNT references Purchase Order numbers from accounting software when trying to send receiving invoices to accounting.
2. These POs should always be created in accounting before you attempt to receive inventory. This is because if an item that you are ordering is brand new, then you would need to add this item to accounting before you attempt to receive it.
3. Once the
Using the Scanner to Scan Inventory: (top)
1. Press number 1 on the Scanner for Run Program.
2. Press number 1 for Receiving.
3. Enter the
4. Scan the item that has just arrived. The scanner will display the item description and current price (as listed in accounting).
5. Type in how many were received and press enter.
6. You will now be over the ‘Cost’ field; if the cost is correct or you don’t have the cost available at the loading dock then press enter to go to the next item. If the cost needs adjusted then type in the new cost value and press enter.
7. You are now ready to scan the next item.
8. Once you are done collecting data, press the “ESC” key to return to the Scanner main window.
Get Scanner Files: (top)
1. On the Scanner press number 2 Send data.
2. Place the scanner in the cradle, it should read “Waiting…”
3. In AccuCOUNT Press Get scanner files.
4. Press Read Scanner.
5. The scanner file will now download from the scanner into the computer. You will see the location of the file in the window.
6. Single left click on the location of the file and click Done.
Setting the Vendor For the
1. Your new
2. Double click on “
3. You will now need to choose a Vendor for this
4. Once this is done click Update Line, and the vendor selected will be displayed next to the
5. The list for the
6. Verify that the receivables were correct, if they are then skip to step 8; if they are not then single click the item(s) that is not and it will be displayed along the bottom for you to adjust.
7. Once you have entered the correct amount click Update Line. Complete steps 6 and 7 for each item that needs adjusted.
8. This invoice is now ready to send to accounting.
9. Click on Send to Accounting.
Adjusting Accounting Software: (top)
1. If your Receivable matches your items exactly, then
2. If your receivable does not match the
3. If you don’t want to make these adjustments then
simply close the
The Entire Process: (top)
Delete Data Files: (top)
Now that the items have been received into accounting, it is time to remove the data file from the Scanner. This is to remove accidental duplication of receivables in the future. To delete the data files:
1. On the Scanner, press 3 Utilities.
2. Select 3 Clear Records.
3. Select Data file.
4. Select 1 All data.
5. Select 1 Yes to confirm deletion.
6. Once deleted, the Scanner will beep and “Data deleted!” will be displayed on the screen.