AccuSHIFT Setup – Peachtree
ACCUSHIFT SETUP – Peachtree:
This guide was written for AccuSHIFT Version 1.76. If you are running an earlier version of AccuSHIFT, you will notice differences in the look of the program as well as the implementation of the software. Also, the Peachtree images and setup steps were written with Peachtree Premium Accounting 2009. If you are running a different version of Peachtree, there will also be slight differences in the look but the setup is not that different.
Installing AccuSHIFT: (top)
To install AccuSHIFT, simply place the AccuSHIFT CD in the CD-ROM drive and follow the prompts. If you’re using just one station for both the AccuSHIFT Management and the AccuSHIFT Time Clock, install both on that machine. If you’re using one computer for Management and other computers for the Time Clock program, install the respective programs on those computers on the network. Next, install the AccuLINK Adapter. You will need to install the AccuLINK adapter where your Peachtree software is installed. This can be a different computer but needs to reside on the same network as AccuSHIFT.
**The computer with your Peachtree software will need to remain on and logged into your accounting package with administrative rights at all times that you will be using AccuSHIFT to communicate with Peachtree.
*For more information on setting up your network, please refer to the AccuPOS Network Setup Guide.
Setup Peachtree Adapter: (top)
Once the AccuLINK Adapter is installed, it needs to be configured to integrate with Peachtree. To set up the adapter:
1. Open the Peachtree adapter. There should be a shortcut on the desktop after the adapter was installed.
2. Once open, a message will appear in Peachtree: “Do you want to allow Attitude POSitive to run with your Peachtree Software?” (Figure 1-1). Check the option to remember this setting and hit Yes.
3. Once open, click on the Setup button (Figure 1-2). The Configure sites window appears. (Figure 1-3)
4. Click Browse Data Folder. (Figure 1-4)
5. Browse through the computer or network files and select the Company.dat file under the company folder that Peachtree created when the company was initialized and click Open. (Figure 1-5)
6. Click on the name of the company (Figure 1-6). Set the Accounts Receivable GL account. By default, it is set to 11000 (Figure 1-7).
7. Click Update. (Figure 1-8)
8. Click OK to exit the Configure Sites window. (Figure 1-9)
Now you have granted the adapter access to Peachtree. You only have to grant access once. Be aware that downloading updates to Peachtree may prompt for access again though.
Configure Database and Adapter Paths: (top)
Once the adapter is setup, AccuSHIFT Management must be configured to talk to the adapter as well as the AccuSHIFT database. To set these settings:
- Go to Setup -> Configuration (Figure 2-1). The AccuSHIFT Configuration Setup window appears.
- Set the Browse Database Path to the location of the timeclock.mdb on your network (Figure 2-2). By default, when AccuSHIFT is installed, the database is placed on the local machine at C:\Program Files\Attitude POSitive\TimeClock.mdb.
- Set the Browse Request Folder Path (Figure 2-3). This is the path to the Attitude Positive folder on the computer with the Adapter and Peachtree installed. If the Adapter and Peachtree are on the local machine, the default path is C:\Program Files\Attitude POSitive.
- Click Save and Exit when finished. (Figure 2-4)
Now that the AccuSHIFT Management program is configured, the Time Clock program must also have a database path set. To set the database path for AccuSHIFT Time Clock:
- Place the cursor in the Scan or enter employee code field. (Figure 2-5)
- Hit Control-Alt-S. The Database Path window will appear. You may also use Alt-Shift-C to bring up the Database Path window.
- Set the database path for the Time Clock software (Figure 2-7). It must be pointed to the same Timeclock.mdb file that the AccuSHIFT Management program is looking at. The path may be on a different computer, as seen in the picture, as long as the AccuSHIFT Management program and the Time Clock programs are looking at the same database on the network.
- Click Save when finished. (Figure 2-8)
Now that AccuSHIFT has been installed, the adapter set up, and all the paths are configured, the software needs to be registered. To register AccuSHIFT:
- Click on Setup -> Registration (Figure 3-1). The registration window appears.
- Enter in the information in all fields except Registration Key and select Register Online (Figure 3-2). Once registered, a message will display to show that the registration was successful.
- Click Close Window once the software is registered. (Figure 3-3)
Setup Activity Item: (top)
Before employees can be created in Peachtree, an activity item must be created first. This serves as the item to post time tickets against inside Peachtree. To create the activity item:
- Select Maintain -> Inventory Items. (Figure 4-1)
- Set the Item Class to Activity Item. (Figure 4-2)
- Set the Item ID to Payroll. (Figure 4-3)
- Set the Billing Rate to 0 and select any Sales Income account (Figure 4-4). AccuSHIFT reports the times as non-billable hours, therefore not affecting the income account at all.
Setup Pay Types in Peachtree: (top)
When collecting times for employees, each employee must have at least one Pay Type. Note that multiple employees can have the same type but different rates. To create Pay Types:
- Go to Maintain -> Default Information -> Employees (Figure 5-1). This will bring up a Payroll Settings Wizard.
- Go through the steps until you get to the Pay Types step. Fill in all the Pay Types you will be using. You must have at least one pay type created in order for AccuSHIFT to process times (Figure 5-2). AccuSHIFT allows up to twenty Pay Types. In the example below, we created three pay types: Bartender, Server, and Cook.
- Go through the remaining steps until the wizard is finished.
Create Employees in Peachtree: (top)
Now that the Activity item and Pay Types are created, it is time to create employees in Peachtree. To create employees:
- Go to Maintain -> Employees/Sales Reps. (Figure 6-1)
- Give the employee an ID. This will be the numbers used by that employee to clock in and clock out (Figure 6-2). Enter in the remaining information as needed. If you want the employee to use different numbers to clock in and out other than the Employee ID, you may create a custom field for employees called ID and put the desired number in that field instead You set this custom field up through the Default Employee information (Figure 6-3).
- Select the Pay Info tab.
- Select Hourly as the Pay Method. Select the Pay Type(s) that employee will use to clock in as and give the employee a rate associated with each Pay Type (Figure 6-4). In the example below, the employee can clock in as either a bartender or a server depending on the shift he is working.
- Repeat the process for each employee on your staff.
Remember that multiple employees can have the same Pay Types but each can have their own specific rate for those Pay Types. An example would be a cook who has been there longer may have a higher wage than a cook who is just starting out but they have the same Pay Type.
Configure Pay Types in AccuSHIFT: (top)
The Pay Types created in Peachtree need to be reflected in AccuSHIFT Management. To set up the Pay Types in AccuSHIFT:
- Select Setup -> Pay Types / Pay Period (Figure 7-1). The Pay Types window appears.
- Enter in the Pay Types that were created in Peachtree. Make sure that they are in the same order they were created in Peachtree. (Figure 7-2)
Import Employees Into AccuSHIFT: (top)
The employees that were created inside Peachtree need to be imported into AccuSHIFT in order for times to be collected through the Time Clock software. To import the employees from Peachtree:
- Select Tasks -> Get Employees From Accounting. (Figure 8-1)
- The Import progress bar will appear while the Peachtree adapter gets the employee list from accounting. (Figure 8-2)
- The adapter will display that the employees were exported. (Figure 8-3)
- Once AccuSHIFT receives the employees, a popup message will appear saying that the Employees Imported (Figure 8-4). Select OK to dismiss the popup.
Now that the employees have been imported, everyone can begin to clock in and out from the Time Clock itself.
View the Employees and Set Pay Types: (top)
Now that the employees are imported into AccuSHIFT, let’s take a look at them and assign each employee their correct Pay Type. To view the current employees in AccuSHIFT:
- Select Tasks -> View Employees (Figure 9-1). The current list of employees is displayed.
- Select the first employee. You will be taken to the employee’s information.
- Select Pay Types. (Figure 9-2)
- Put a check mark in all the Pay Types that the current employee is to use (Figure 9-3). Press Save when finished. Repeat this process for the remaining employees.
- Note that the employee ID set in Peachtree is listed above the employee’s name. (Figure 9-4)
- Note that the different Pay Types for each employee are now listed on the right-hand column. (Figure 9-5)
- For each employee, the current amount of hours worked for the current pay period is listed. (Figure 9-6)
*For more information on pay periods, please refer to the AccuSHIFT Operations Guide.
Now, AccuSHIFT is configured to integrate with Peachtree. Please refer to the Operations Guide for instructions on clocking in and out, and how to send the information into Peachtree.