AccuSHIFT End of Pay Period Guide
ACCUSHIFT END OF PAY PERIOD GUIDE:
This guide was written for AccuSHIFT Version 1.76. If you are running an earlier version of AccuSHIFT, you will notice differences in the look of the program as well as the implementation of the software.
Check Times Before Sending: (top)
When the current pay period is over, all the times must be sent into accounting so that pay checks can be written. Before the times can be sent, however, all employee times need to be checked to make sure there are no errors with the export. Typically, checking times is a good idea just to make sure that the times for an employee reflect the proper amount of hours worked. To check times to make sure they are valid:
- Go to Tasks -> View Employees (Figure 1-1). The Employee Listing window appears.
- The easiest way to check for invalid times is to run through the list. If the phrase Invalid Times(s) appears next to an employee, that indicates that there is at least one time that is not valid (Figure 1-2). Simply left click on the employee in question to edit or cancel the invalid time.*
- Once the list is checked, it can be closed.
*For more information on editing employee times, please refer to the AccuSHIFT Operations Guide.
Send Time Postings to Payroll: (top)
Now that every employee has valid times, the pay period information needs to be sent to the accounting program. To send the time postings:
- Go to Tasks -> Send Time Postings to Payroll. (Figure 2-1)
- AccuSHIFT will process for a minute, checking to make sure all the time are properly formatted. If there are invalid times, you will receive a warning message. (Figure 2-2)
- If there are no errors in the times, you will be asked to move the Pay Period. Select Yes and AccuSHIFT will automatically move the pay period the number of days specified. (Figure 2-3)
- Check the adapter for the message that the times have been imported into accounting successfully. (Figure 2-4 QuickBooks, Figure 2-5 Peachtree)
Note that even if the times aren’t sent right away into accounting, the employees can still clock in and out as usual. AccuSHIFT will store the in and out times even if the date is beyond the current pay period. Once the pay period is shifted ahead, you can view those employee times.
If times weren’t imported into accounting for any reason (adapter not opened, accounting not logged in with admin rights) the times can be resent from AccuSHIFT Management. To resend time postings:
- Go to Tasks -> Resend Time Postings to Payroll (Figure 2-6). The Resend Times to Accounting window appears.
- You will see a list of all the days that times were sent to accounting. Simple select the date you want to resend and select Export to Accounting. (Figure 2-7)
- You will receive a message once the times are resent. Simply select OK to close the message. (Figure 2-8)
The time postings will once again be sent to the adapter to import them into the accounting software. Bear in mind that if the times were already imported into accounting, resending the times will bring in duplicate entries that will have to be manually removed.
Advancing the Pay Period: (top)
If the times were exported into accounting and the Pay Period wasn’t moved for any reason, it can be moved ahead one period from AccuSHIFT Management without accessing the Pay Type / Pay Period window. To advance the Pay Period:
- Go to Tasks -> Advance Pay Period End. (Figure 3-1)
- You will be prompted to confirm moving the Pay Period. Select Yes to advance the Pay Period. (Figure 3-2)
Now, the Pay Period is advanced based off the number of days set in the Pay Type / Pay Period menu.
Check Times in Accounting: (top)
Once the times are sent to accounting, you may view them immediately. To view the Time Sheets inside QuickBooks:
- Go to Employees -> Enter Time -> Use Weekly Timesheets (Figure 4-1). The Weekly Timesheets window appears.
- Select the proper date. (Figure 4-2)
- Select the employee to see the time sheet for that employee (Figure 4-3)
To view the Time Sheets inside Peachtree:
- From the Employees & Payroll tab, select Time and Expense Tickets -> View and Edit Time Tickets. (Figure 4-4)
- Select a date range. (Figure 4-5)
- Simply double click on any Time Ticket to bring up its information. (Figure 4-6)
AccuSHIFT Reports: (top)
AccuSHIFT ships with three reports. Two reports can be viewed at any time for the current Pay Period while a third report can be viewed at any time regarding past pay period exports. These reports can be viewed by going to the Reports menu in AccuSHIFT Management. (Figure 5-1)
- Pay Period Detail: Displays the current Pay Period information regarding all employees’ clock ins and clock outs.
- Employee Time Sheets: Shows the current Pay Period Time Sheets for each employee.
- Exported Times Detail Report: Shows the Employee Time Sheets report for past pay periods. Simply select the date that the times were exported and it will bring up the report.