Remember, back in the day, when you would approach the counter to pay for something at the local mini-mart or boutique clothing store and it would take the cashier ages to complete your transaction on that old, rickety hunk of metal called a cash register? Perhaps some of you are too young to recall this troubling time in our electronic cash registers history, but believe us, before the digital age this was par for the “transactional” course.
We’ve Come a Long Way, Baby
In the 1970s, certain fast food chains graduated from checking customers out on dilapidated, old, manual cash registers to slightly more advanced micro-processing devices that displayed a customer’s entire order at once. Yes, this was mind-blowing at the time…
- The 1980s gave us the first electronic cash register featuring a color touchscreen
- In the 1990s, electronic cash registers became more multi-functional, with networking and local data storage features – but were still incredibly pricey
Y2K and Electronic Cash Register Bliss
The 2000s proved to be some of retail’s most productive years, ushering in the newest, most modern POS and electronic cash register systems, which were outfitted with the following:
- High operating speed and minimal errors
- Reliability and simplicity
- Consistent remote support-ability
- Low cost (and for many business owners, this was the most important feature!)
Moving on Down the Road
The years following the turn-of-the-century (post 2000s) gave rise to the most advanced in point of sale software and electronic cash registers.
- New technology gave way to the cloud-based electronic cash register
- Users were now able to employ the Internet during sales transactions and as part of their modernized software
- Compatibility with other hardware was now actually attainable
Given the tremendous advancements in electronic cash register technology over the last few decades, businesses are now able to take advantage of unique, state-of-the-art POS and electronic cash register software systems. As a global leader in the point of sale software industry, AccuPOS offers the best electronic cash registers and accompanying software on the market. Imagine no more headaches, no more hassles, no more human error – just reliable, easy to use, brilliant software. It’s yours for the taking.