QuickBooks Initial POS Setup – STEP 6 – Setup Sales Tax Code
When the inventory is imported into AccuPOS, the Sales Taxes created in Step 1 are also imported.
Once imported, they need to be attached to a tax code in order to be applied at the Point of Sale . To set up this tax code:
- Go to Setup Sales Tax. The Tax Code Setup window appears.
- Choose the default Tax Code “POS TAX.”
- In the Tax Athorities table, click Create New under the ID field and type in the Sales Tax Agency ID that was created in QuickBooks.
- In the Authorities Name field, type the name of the Agency that was created in QuickBooks.
- Enter the rate (%) that was set up in QuickBooks.
- Finally, enter the General Ledger (“GL”) Account number for the Agency.
- Repeat this process for all Taxing Agencies that were created in QuickBooks. Click Save & Close when you’re all finished.
- Click Save & Close to finish editing the Tax Code.