QuickBooks Setup Canada – STEP 7 – Define GL Accounts for Tendering Codes
As stated in Step 3, AccuPOS sends sales information into accounts specified in the AccuPOS Management.
AccuPOS recommends posting tender types that are alike to the same GL account, so they can be easily identified in QuickBooks for deposit purposes.
For example, Cash and Checks should post to Undeposited Funds, Visa and Master Card to a Visa-Master Card account, American Express to AMEX account etc.
At the end of each day, the Cash and the Checks can be deposited using QuickBooks Make Deposits function, and a General Journal Entry can be made out of the other tendering GL Accounts to the bank account in one lump sum.
Doing so will imitate the way the deposits are made in real life, and will make the reconciliation process easier.
To set GL Accounts for sales information to send to:
- Go to Manage Tendering Codes . The Tender Type window appears.
- Using the drop down menu, select a Tender Type you wish to assign a GL Account to, AE (American Express) for example.
- In the Button Example, you will see the tendering name.
- Assign a GL Account to the code AMEX
- Click Update Tender on the right column.
- Repeat steps 2-5 until all tendering codes are assigned their desired GL Account.
- Click Close on the bottom right of the window when finished.
If you find a tendering code that you will not be using (Discover for example), you may delete it.
Remember that the GL Accounts that are assigned to Tendering Codes must exist inside the QuickBooks company file or you will receive errors on the adapter when sending sales information into QuickBooks.