Sage 50 Initial POS Setup – STEP 1 – Setting up Sales Tax
In order to use AccuPOS
Point of Sale and have it update Sage 50 US for inventory and accounting
purposes, a Sage 50 US company file must be set up beforehand and the location
on the local network, or computer, of the company file must be known in order
for AccuPOS to connect and update the company file.
If this is the first time installing Sage 50 US, please consult your Sage 50 US advisor or Sage’s customer support with questions pertaining to accounting issues while setting up the new company.
AccuPOS support staff will only support issues regarding Sage 50 US that affect the integration with AccuPOS Point of Sale.
This guide is also under the assumption that the network is setup and
all software installed according to the AccuPOS Network Setup Guide.
The adapter, AccuPOS Management, and AccuPOS Point of Sale must be installed on the network or computer.
Table of Contents
- Step 1: Setting up Sales Tax
- Step 2: Create CashSales Customer
- Step 3: Create a Tender Summary Account
- Step 4: Set up Adapter
- Step 5: Import the Inventory
- Step 6: Setting the Tax Code & Authority
- Step 7: Define Tender Summary Account
- Step 8: Define GL Accounts for Tendering Codes
- Step 9: Test the Integration
The first step to getting the integration with AccuPOS up and running is
to get taxes set up inside your Sage 50 US company file.
You must set up as many taxes as you are going to collect at the Point of Sale.
This can range from just one tax to several depending on local taxing legislation. To begin setting up Sales Taxes:
- Go to Maintain Sales Taxes. The Set up Sales Taxes window appears.
- Choose Set up a new sales tax option and click Next.
- Enter the rate of the tax and how many Agencies make up that tax.
The most simple tax rate would just be one agency.
Afterwards, click Next.
- Enter the information for the first Sales Tax Agency.
Note that the Sales Tax Agency ID must be all capitalized.
- Set the rate and account number and click Next.
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for as many Tax Agencies that make up the Sales Tax.
- Now you must assign the Sales Tax to a Sales Tax Code.
Set the Sales Tax ID and Sales Tax name to POS TAX. Click Finish when you’re done.
- Click Close sale tax wizard and click