Sage 50 Initial POS Setup – STEP 3 – Create a Tender Summary Account
The Tender Summary allows the splitting of the different tendering
totals from a particular day’s sales (for example, splitting up all MasterCard
transaction totals from Cash transactions totals).
When Sales information is sent into Sage 50 US, all the information goes into the Tender Summary account and from there, it moves into specified GL Accounts.
More information on that is later on in the guide. To create a Tender Summary account:
- Go to Maintain Chart of Accounts. The Maintain Chart of Accounts window
- In the Account ID field, enter a GL Account number to assign to the
Tender Summary account.
AccuPOS recommends using the account number 95000 since the number is not one of or close to one of the default account numbers set up by Sage 50 US.
- Enter Tender Summary as the description for the account.
- Set the Account Type to Cash.
- Click Save when finished and close the window.
The Tender Summary also serves as an audit trail.
The balance of the account must always be $0.00.
Every day after Sage 50 US is updated by AccuPOS, make sure to check the balance of Tender Summary.
If is remains at $0.00, the sales information was imported correctly.
If it is either positive or negative, contact your dealer or AccuPOS Technical Support immediately.