Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who should use AccuPOS Point of Sale?
- Know and use QuickBooks, Sage 50 US Edition (formerly Peachtree), Sage 50 Canadian Edition (formerly Simply Accounting) for accounting and do not want to relearn new and complicated accounting features.
- Want to be able to easily transfer line item detailed sales information into their accounting program instead of just receiving summarized sales information.
- Want speed and accuracy at the point of sale.
- Want to be able to track and add customer information at the point of sale.
- Want to be able to charge a customer’s account and have a detailed invoice created for the next billing cycle.
- Want a POS Solution that works with a bar code scanner and/or a touch screen monitor to ensure fast transactions and minimal customer wait time.
Q: What are the minimum system requirements to use AccuPOS on my computer?
- Windows 10 – Full Version
- Windows 8 – Full Version
- Windows 7 – Pro or higher – 32 bit or 64 bit
- Pentium 4 or faster processor w/4GB RAM
- Java 7.75 or newer – 32 bit only
Q: How is AccuPOS different from my Accounting Software?
A: AccuPOS is designed to close the gap between point of sale and your accounting software.
Since we started in 1997, our point of sale experience has taught us that any business, whether they are a retail store, restaurant, country club or bar, wants to process sales, collect customer information, maintain better inventory control and still use a mainstream accounting software for ALL of their accounting needs.
We developed AccuPOS to do just that:
- Collect the sales and customer information in a fast paced customer-oriented environment.
- Report the sales details automatically to the financial software for inventory and accounting purposes, with no redundant accounting features.
Q: How is AccuPOS different from other POS systems?
A: AccuPOS is the only POS system that reports line item detail to QuickBooks, Sage 50 US Edition (formerly Peachtree), Sage 50 Canadian Edition (formerly Simply Accounting).
This gives you an important advantage: as there is no need to relearn inventory, purchasing or extra accounting functions. The quantity on hand and inventory information is in the same program that you order inventory and pay vendors from.
Q: Does AccuPOS work on an Apple computer, or an iPad, iPhone, Android Tablet, etc?
Q: I am currently using another point of sale, how can I get my information into AccuPOS?
Q: Which versions does AccuPOS work with?
A: Sales information from AccuPOS can be transferred into:
- QuickBooks Pro 2015-2017
- QuickBooks Premiere 2015-2017
- QuickBooks Enterprise 2015-2017
- Sage 50 – US Edition 2016-2018 (formerly Peachtree)
- Sage 50 – Canadian 2016-2018 (formerly Simply Accounting)
- Sage 100 ERP 2015, 2016, 2017 (formerly named Sage MAS 90 and Sage MAS 200)
- Sage BusinessWorks Accounting version 5 or higher
Q: How does AccuPOS handle inventory?
A: AccuPOS was created so that it does not duplicate many of the features you are already using in your accounting software. Inventory is maintained in the same place you process Purchase Orders and write vendor checks.
AccuPOS will report to your accounting software what was sold, for how much, to whom (if you track customers), and adjust the inventory, update sales accounts and post tendering totals to un-deposited funds. No additional interface modules are needed.
Q: How many POS stations can AccuPOS point of sale run simultaneously?
Q: Do I need my financial software on the same computer as AccuPOS?
Q: Can I use AccuPOS in the store and have my financial software in a different locations i.e. home office / corporate office?
Q: Will AccuPOS work with my existing hardware?
Q: Since AccuPOS shares information with my financial software, will my employees have access to my financial information?
Q: Does my accountant need a copy of AccuPOS?
Q: How can I get more information about AccuPOS?
Q: Who do I call for product support?
Q: Do I need to purchase another copy of AccuPOS for my other stations or locations?
Q: Does my financial software need to be running to use AccuPOS?
Q: Can I edit the transaction number in the POS to continue the sequence begun in my accounting software?
Q: What POS hardware do I need for AccuPOS?
Q: Do I need a Cash Register?
Q: Can I add new stations or open a new location?
Q: How easy is AccuPOS to install and use?
Q: When will my software be out of date?
Q: Can I track customer transactions?
Q: Can I set a reminder to reorder items?
Q: Are security levels available in the POS system?
A: Yes. AccuPOS allows as many users, user groups and security levels as you need. For example:
- A sales person may only be able to process sales.
- A supervisor can process sales, returns, void, change prices and clear the cash tills.
- A manager can do all the above, plus import information into your accounting software.