Backup or Restoring Your Database
IMPORTANT: AccuPOS does NOT back itself up automatically. AccuPOS Management allows database back up to ensure data recovery in case of an emergency when the original database is lost (a hard drive crash, broken computer, etc).
You may backup the database as often as you prefer to any location on your local network. Click here to skip to the Restore Database section below.
To Backup the database:
- Go to File Backup / Restore.
- The AccuPOS Backup / Restore window appears. If needed, you may choose to tell the system to remind you backup after a certain number of days. Click Backup.
- In the prompt, save the backup to the desired location on the network or local computer, and hit Select.
- After the Backup is completed, you will have a popup. Click ‘OK’ and the AccuPOS Backup/Restore window closes automatically.
- Go to File Backup / Restore.The AccuPOS Backup / Restore window appears. Click on Restore.
- You will then be prompted to select the backup to be restored by navigating through the local computer or network. Hit Select when the correct backup is found.
- After the Restore is completed, you will have a popup. Click OK and the AccuPOS Backup/Restore window closes automatically.
- IMPORTANT: Restoring a database overwrites the database currently set inside Management. There is no way to reverse this.