Kitchen Bump Bar Setup
Please Note: you will need to supply your own monitor and monitor cable (sometimes called a VGA cable that is usually 5 feet long).
You will also need to supply your own CAT-5 cable (also called an Ethernet cable) that will connect your Bump Bar Router to your Ethernet Router. This cable’s length depends on the physical locations of your Ethernet Router and Bump Bar, and will most likely be between 10 and 50 feet.
STEP 1: Mount the Bump Bar (using the plate on it’s back) in a convenient place for your kitchen staff. Alternatively, it can sit on a counter.
STEP 2: Place your kitchen monitor in a convenient viewing area (on a shelf, mounted on a wall, or on a counter) and connect it’s power supply and VGA cable.
STEP 3: Place the LS6000 router in an out-of-the-way area. This acts as the ‘brain’ between the Bump Bar, Monitor and your business’ main Ethernet router. Connect the LS6000 power cable to its adapter and plug it into a power socket or power strip.
STEP 4: Connect together the two CB-KB17 cables. This conjoined cable connects together your LS6000 router and your bump bar.
Either end of the cable resembles a phone jack, and connects to both devices on the LEFT SIDE of the rear panel if you are viewing the device from the rear (see diagram).
STEP 5: Now we need to assign an IP address to the LS600, which is easier than it sounds:
- Turn the LS6000 ON.
- Press the “SUM” button on the KB1700 module to open the configuration screen.
- Using the following keys, navigate to “ETHERNET” section to change the IP address.
- • Page = Right
• UP Arrow = Left
• Bump = Save
• Down Arrow = Exit without saving
• Redraw = Enter
• SUM =Enter
- Save settings and Restart the LS6000.
STEP 6: Software Setup
1. Right-click and download Bumpbar-Setup.exe
2. Run the “Bumpbar-Setup.exe” (should be on your desktop or downloads folder)
3. Right-click and download KDS SETTINGS.zip
4. Extract the “KDS SETTINGS.zip” file (should be on your desktop or downloads folder)
5. Copy the 4 extracted files in the KDS SETTINGS folder to your ”C:\Program Files\Logic Controls KDS” folder
6. Start the Logic Control KDS Manager.
7. Stop the Application by selecting “Stop” on the top right corner of the LC KDS Manager console.
8. Assign the IP Address.
a. Select LS Setting on the Logic Control KDS Manager console
b. Select “LS#0:” then select “Change Settings” located at the bottom right hand corner
c. Enter the IP Address of the LS 6000.
d. Click OK
9. Install and configure AccuPOS Remote Printing Module