Computer Cash Register Tills
By default, AccuPOS has two tills installed: 100 and 200. There is no limit to the number of tills that can be created but the number of licenses purchased puts a limit on the number of tills that can be opened at any one time. If you’re unsure of how many licenses you have, click on Help About apmanage. A window will pop up listing the current version and number of users (tills allowed open at one time).
Cash tills, by default, are set to have a starting cash of $0. The starting cash setting works with the z-out process when entering the ending cash for the till. This is used to determine if the till at the end of the shift is over or under. If there is an overage or shortage of money in the till, AccuPOS will still transfer over the correct amount to the accounting software and the difference in the deposit has to be manually adjusted inside the accounting software.
To adjust a till’s a starting cash amount:
- Go to Manage Cash Tills.
- In the Till Editor, select the till and enter the starting cash value in the starting cash field. Click Update Till when finished.
- Click Save & Close when you’ve finished updating all the tills.
Typically, most tills always start with the same amount of cash every day. Therefore, once starting cash is set for a till, it will remain as the starting cash until changed or removed.
Adding new tills is a simple process. Again, there is no limit to the number of tills that can be created, only the number of tills that can be opened at any one time.
To add a new till:
- Go to Manage Cash Tills. The Till Editor window appears. Click Add New Till
- Enter a new till name in the Till Name Field (300, 400, Dayshift, etc).
- Set the starting cash amount.
- Click Add New Till again. The new till will appear in the Till window on the left.
Tills can be deleted just as easily as they can be added. Even if a till is deleted, the past sales information can still be viewed and even resent to the accounting software.
To delete a till:
- Go to Manage Cash Tills. The Till Editor window appears.
- In the Tills window on the left, select the till to be deleted.
- Click the Remove Till button. You will be asked to confirm the removal.
- Click Save & Close when you’re finished.