Creating a Debit Card Tendering Code
To process debit cards using AccuPOS, a merchant service account and a pin pad are required.
To set up a Debit Card tendering code:
- Go to Manage Tendering Codes.
- Enter “Debit Card” in the ‘Displayed Button Text’ and ‘What will print on receipt’ fields.
- Set the General Ledger Account to a specified sales account in the accounting. In the below example, we are using ‘Undeposited Funds’.
- Set the Type to Payment dropdown menu to Debit Card (auto capture).
- Set the Maximum Change Allowed to the maximum amount of cash that can be given back to the customer from the Point of Sale (the below example is $50). Keep the field blank if you do not want to allow a cash back option. If you do allow cash back, make sure the Open Cash Drawer checkbox is checked, otherwise leave it unchecked.
- Click Add Tender when finished. The List of Current Tender Types window on the left should be updated with the new tender type.