Creating a Gift Card Tendering Code
AccuPOS allows the use of Gift Cards. The merchant services must be set up with the ability to process the gift cards. Before a Gift Card Tendering Code can be created, a Gift Card Liability account must be created inside the accounting software.
Once that account is created, a Gift Card Tendering Code can be created inside AccuPOS.
NOTE: You must be running at the Pro, Gold, Platinum or Elite versions of AccuPOS to access Gift Card transactions that require a card swipe at the Point of Sale.
- Go to Manage Tendering Codes.
- Enter “Gift Card” in the ‘Displayed Button Text’ and ‘What will print on receipt’ fields.
- Set the General Ledger Account to the specified gift card liability account created in accounting. In the example, we are using “Gift Card Liability”.
- Set the Type to Payment dropdown menu to Gift Cards.
- Typically, no change can be given for a Gift Card. Set the Maximum Change Allowed to 0.
- Click Add Tender when finished. The List of Current Tender Types window on the left should be updated with the new tender type.