Deli Scale Settings
Make sure your deli scale is properly plugged in to a power source, switched on and connected to the POS station.
Go to Setup Deli Scale. The Deli Scale Setup screen will appear.
IF YOU USE EMBEDDED CODES IN YOUR BARCODES:
• Enter an appropriate 1-digit Prefix so a barcode scanner can properly determine that the purchase is an Embedded Barcode.
IF YOU DO NOT USE EMBEDDED CODES IN YOUR BARCODES:
• Leave the prefix field blank.
Item Start is the digit that starts the item number.
Item Length is the number of digits that designates the item, which will also be set in your accounting system.
So in the above example, all the items in the deli will have 4 digits.
Determine if you will use Embedded Price or Embedded Weight.
Embedded Price makes it so the price is designated in the barcode when rung up at the POS.
• Price Start – this is the digit in the barcode that starts the price.
• Price Length – the number of digits of the Price. The number 5 will work for purchases up to $999.99 (because it is 5 digits long)
• Price Divisor – this is always set to 100.
• Make sure the Embedded Weight fields are all set to 0 and press Save & Close.
Embedded Weight makes it so the weight is designated in the barcode when rung up at the POS.
The POS will determine the price from the weight and the item type
• Weight Start – this is the digit in the barcode that starts the weight. It will be sequentially the number after the Item digits.
• Weight Length – the number of digits that encompass the weight. The number 100 will work for purchases up to 999 Lbs, Oz, etc.
• Weight Divisor – this is always set to 100.
• Make sure the Embedded Price fields are all set to 0 and press Save & Close.