Importing POS Inventory or Customer List
IMPORTANT: Before sales can be performed at the Point of Sale, the inventory list from your accounting software must be imported into AccuPOS. This allows the selling of items from the Point of Sale. It is also an easier way to set up On Screen Key buttons as well as Choice menu buttons. Before you can import inventory, an inventory list must have been created in your accounting software. For more information on creating items, please refer to your specific accounting software Inventory Setup Guide (Peachtree, QuickBooks).
Also, before you import inventory, the AccuLINK adapter must be opened and pointed at the correct company file in the accounting software and the accounting software must be opened (QuickBooks being the only exception to the rule of being opened). For more information on setting up the AccuLINK Adapter, please refer to your specific accounting Initial Setup Guide (Peachtree, QuickBooks).
Click here to skip to the Import Customers section below.
- Go to File Import Items from Accounting
- The AccuPOS Integrator will make a call for accounting and then disappear. The Adapter will see the request and query the accounting software for the inventory. The Adapter will then export the items to AccuPOS Management.
- Once the items are exported, the AccuPOS Integrator will update the items as needed.
Importing customers into AccuPOS is very similar to importing inventory. Customers must also be set up inside the accounting software to be imported, although a new customer may be added to the Point of Sale later on. For more information on adding customers or attaching customers to transactions, please refer to the Customer Tracking Guide.
- Go to File Import Customers from Accounting.
- The AccuPOS Integrator will make a call for accounting and then disappear. The Adapter will take see the request and query the accounting software for the customers. The Adapter will then export the customers to AccuPOS Management.
- Once the customers are exported, the AccuPOS Integrator will update the customers as needed.