Ingenico POS Credit Card Reader Manual
This setup guide shows how to setup and configure Ingenico I6550/I6780 using AccuPOS 12.56 or higher.
This guide assumes that AccuPOS is already and user has Admin rights on the computer.
Ensure that the Ingenico 6550/6780 is running the following firmware version before proceeding with the setup to ensure that the
Pin Pad works seamlessly.
- MNT – 5.25 or higher
- OS – 3.69 or higher
- SSA – 2.74 or higher
- UIA – 3.21 or higher
This information shows in the Ingenico 6550/6780 screen after the Pin Pad has been turned on.
See “Ingenico Firmware Upgrade Instruction” if any of the firmware is lower than the version indicated above.
Step 1 – Pin Pad Setup
- You will need to Download and install the Ingenico OPOS driver. Right-click the below link and ‘Save Target As’:
Double-click the file to unzip (it should be either on your desktop or designated Downloads folder), then install the files by clicking the file ‘OPOS for the Ingenico iSeries.exe‘.
- Once the above program is properly installed, open Ingenico iSeries Setup:
Click Start Ingenico OPOS for the Ingenico iSeries Ingenico iSeries Setup.
- Under General Tab, change “Device Connection” Type from “Serial Port” to “USB Device (HID)”
- Click “Apply” and “OK” to close the setup window.
- Plug in the Ingenico power supply to a wall outlet or power strip.
- Plug in the Ingenico I6550/I6780 to any USB port of the computer.
Step 2 – AccuPOS Setup
- Open the AccuPOS Point of Sale on the POS station.
- Login to AccuPOS as “Admin” user.
- Load the Ingenico forms by simultaneously pressing Ctrl + Alt + i keys on the attached keyboard.
Wait until the AccuPOS Logo displays in the Ingenico Pin Pad.
- Set the Pin Pad Type (either i6550 or i6780) in the “AccuPOS Card Processing Setup Window”
- Click Save & Close.
Step 3 – Cards Setup
NOTE: This step assumes that the AccuPOS.mdb is located in “C:\AccuPOS” folder. Your setup may be different.
- Verify that “Signatures.mdb” is in the same folder as the “AccuPOS.mdb”
- Open Cardssetup.jar under “C:\AccuPOS” folder.
- Click “Login”
- Click “Save” to close the “Credit Cards Setup Window”
- Restart the cards application by double clicking “Install&StartCards.bat” in C:\AccuPOS folder.
Firmware upgrade Instructions
- Copy the EFT file from “O:\software\Ingenico\Firmware upgrade” folder to the local computer where the Ingenico 6550/6780 is connected.
• EFT_6550.zip – for Ingenico 6550 Only
• EFT_6780.zip – for Ingenico 6780 Only
- Extract the EFT Zip file to a folder on the PC.
- Ensure the device is powered on and connected to the register via USB, or RS232 port at 19200 bps.
- Close any applications communicating with the device.
- Execute “Download.bat”
- Please be advised of the following recommended sequences for up loading the files:
- Allow the unit to complete the full download
- It is ready for use after it completes the initialization process and beeps
- The new upgrade should of cover Windows 7 as well.