POS Remote Printer Manual
Loading the Ribbon Cartridge:
Loading the Roll Paper
Be sure to use roll paper that matches the printer’s specification.
Connecting the Power Cord
Note: Before connecting/disconnecting the power cord, make sure that power to the printer and all the devices connected to the printer is turned off. Also make sure the power cable plug is disconnected from the AC outlet.
Check the label on the back or bottom of the printer to make sure its voltage matches that of the AC outlet. Also make sure the plug on the power cord matches the AC outlet.
If the power is not attached to the printer, plug the appropriate end into the AC inlet on the back of the printer.
Plug the power cord into a properly grounded AC outlet.
Turning the Power ON
Installing the Printer Software
Ethernet Interface Setup Guide
Step 1 – Connect the Printer to the Router/LAN
Step 2 – Acquire the IP Address
- Make sure the printer is OFF
- Hold down the Feed button on the printer’s control panel
- Turn the printer ON.
- The printer will start printing the test and diagnostic page. If the printer is able to acquire an IP address from your network, the second page of the test page will show the current IP Address of the printer. Keep this handy as it will be needed later on in the software setup.
Note: If the printer did not acquire an IP Address, check your network cable to make sure it is connected properly and that your router is turned on. Check with your network specialist if you are still unable to acquire an IP Address after making sure that the router is ON and the Network cable is connected.
Step 3 – Add the Star Printer in the Printer and Faxes Window
- Click Start Printer and Faxes
- Select Add a Printer
- Click Next
- Select Local Printer and Uncheck the Automatically detect and Install my Plug and Play printers. Click Next.
- Select LPT1, then click Next
- Select Star under Manufacturer and Star SP700 Cutter (SP742) under Printer. Click Next.
- Select No on to make the printer the default printer. Click Next.
- Select ‘Do not Share this printer‘, if it’s not already selected. Click Next.
- Select No on Print a test Page. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Step 4 – Configure the Star Printer (SP742) Properties.
- In the Printer and Faxes window, right click the Star SP700 Cutter (SP742) printer and select Properties.
- This will display the Star Printer Properties. Click on Ports Tab and click the Add Port button.
- Select Stardard TCP/IP Port and Select New Port.
- The TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard will open. Click Next.
- Enter the IP Address and port name that was acquired on the printout in STEP 2.
- Select Generic Network Card. Click Next.
- Select Finish to Close the Wizard.
- Close the Printer Port Window.
- Click Apply, then Close. The printer is now setup and ready to use. Please see AccuPOS Remote Printing Module Setup to setup and configure your remote printing module.
- Click for the Remote Printer Software Installation for QuickBooks and Peachtree page.