Adding funds to a Gift Card (incrementing)
If a customer already has a gift card and wishes to add more funds on to it (also called “incrementing”):
• Locate the Add $ to Gift Card (or Increment Gift Card or similar) button on the point of sale
• Swipe the customer’s gift card, or enter the 16-digit card number on the upper left cornet on the back of the card.
• Enter the amount that the customer wishes to add onto the card in the Amount box (in the example below the amount is $50)
• Press the Increment Card button on the point of sale. The card now has the new balance.
• The added funds to the gift card is viewable in the receipt window as it is a item that is being sold.