Selling (“activating”) a Gift Card
Selling a gift card is very similar to selling any other item:
• Make sure you have a gift card available to give to the customer.
• Locate the “Gift Card Activation”, “Activate Gift Card” or similar button on the point of sale:
• On the process card screen, swipe the gift card, or enter the 16-digit card number on the upper left corner on the back of the card.
• Enter the dollar amount that the customer wishes to put on the card in the Amount box (in the example below the amount is $50)
• Press the Activate Card button on the point of sale. The card is now activated and ready for the customer.
• The gift card is viewable in the receipt window as it is a item that is being sold.