Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information AccuPOS may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you create an AccuPOS user account, register with us, purchase a product or service, download a software update, use, register for or inquire after our services or products, or participate in any online survey and submit information to us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, account number, phone number, email address, contact preferences, credit card information, your specific services and subscription packages, your use of our services and associated third-party services, your mobile devices and any additional information you provide.
- When you use our support services you might provide additional information necessary for us to provide support services, testing and diagnostics, and quality control processes around your use of AccuPOS software and services. Some AccuPOS sales, customer care and support telephone calls are voice-recorded for training, quality and supervision purposes. These recordings are maintained in a secure environment and subject to periodic destruction in accordance with our document and information retention policies and practices.
- We may also receive and maintain electronic communications including e-mails from prospective and actual clients in relation to the foregoing as part of the marketing, sales, support, and product delivery process (including for product demonstrations and trials) and in order for us to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations to you and our customers.
How we use your personal information
- To fulfill and support our contractual obligations to you, determine services that may be suitable for you, establish an account, manage your services, create and administer orders, provide information on AccuPOS’s latest products and services, software updates, support issues for your use of our products and services, third party products and services, and notify you of changes to our services or terms and conditions. We may also use your personal and non-personal information to send marketing communications including event invites, special promotions, and blog post updates. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting us at email@example.com.
- To help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services including support services, content, and advertising and corporate communications.
- To send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with AccuPOS, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, network and IT security, and research to improve AccuPOS’s technology, products, services, customer and user experience, and customer communications and those of our third-party service providers, partners, and affiliates in accordance with the AccuPOS Terms of Service.
- If you enter into a contest, special offer or coupon program, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
We may collect information such as occupation, language, postal code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an AccuPOS product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Consent and Our Relationship with You
We take your privacy concerns and preferences seriously. Where you have contacted AccuPOS and/or registered an interest in receiving information about AccuPOS services (including pricing or quotations) or have provided your personal information for marketing purposes (including event registration, subscribing to our blog, or content downloads), you have given your consent to receiving communications by phone, e-mail, or otherwise from AccuPOS in response to your inquiries. When you subscribe to AccuPOS services, or purchase products, and establish a commercial and contractual relationship with us, we are required to communicate with you and obtain and maintain associated data and information in order to fulfill our contractual and other legal obligations to you, for compliance, record-keeping and other legal and business purposes, and to provide you with ongoing information about AccuPOS services and to enhance your ability to use our services.
Unsubscribe and Withdrawing Consent
If you are not a customer of AccuPOS and wish to cease receiving communications from AccuPOS you can click the “unsubscribe” button on communications from AccuPOS or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a customer of AccuPOS and have concerns about communications from AccuPOS or data or information maintained by AccuPOS, please contact email@example.com. Where we must collect personal information for legal reasons or pursuant to our contract with you, if you fail to provide us with that information or wish us to cease using it then we may not be able to continue to fulfill our contractual obligations which may require us to cancel a contract or service, in which event you will be notified and may be subject to payments or cancellation fees based on the contract or license terms.
Cookies and Other Technologies
To turn off these features, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the AccuPOS website, applications, or services may not be available if cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site and services, to learn about user behavior on the site and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. AccuPOS may use this information in our marketing and advertising services and in communications with you and general corporate communications. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times AccuPOS may make certain personal information available to partners that work with AccuPOS to provide or support our or their products and services, payment processing, financing services or credit review or that help AccuPOS market to customers or improve the user experience for our customers and their end users. Personal information will only be shared by AccuPOS to provide or improve our products, services and advertising and corporate communications; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for AccuPOS to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public safety, disclosure is necessary or appropriate or compelled by law. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
AccuPOS takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
AccuPOS products and services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption and/or other features where personal information is collected. To purchase these services, you should use an SSL-enabled browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it’s transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some AccuPOS products, services, or applications or post on an AccuPOS forum, chat room, or social networking service (if applicable), the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
For EU Residents
The following applies to EU residents:
We will not store or process your information outside of the EU unless we have determined that there is an adequate level of protection and legal safeguards consistent with any applicable EU legislation and regulations. For more information, go to Cookies Preferences.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Your Personal Information, Keeping it Accurate, Complete and Up-to-Date
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account from time to time or contacting us. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if AccuPOS is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. Without limiting the foregoing, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information that we possess: (i) to correct any errors or inaccuracies in that information; (ii) to request the deletion or destruction of information subject to some qualifications; (iii) to arrange transfer of your data to you or another party; (iv) to restrict or limit our use of the data subject to our legal and contractual obligations. Upon your request we will fulfill the preceding rights as soon as reasonably practicable.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Our marketing, sales, and services are not directed at people under the age of 18.
Location-Based Services and Information
To provide location-based services on AccuPOS products, we may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your point of sale device or other identifiers based on Internet protocol (IP) data. Unless we have your consent otherwise, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by AccuPOS to provide and improve location-based products and services. Some location-based services offered by AccuPOS require your personal information for the feature to work and will seek more specific consent from you for us to obtain and use that information.
Third-Party Sites and Services
AccuPOS websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party service provider, distributor, or application. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Updated: January 3, 2019