Point of Sale and Online Shopping Safety Guide
One of the most convenient developments in shopping has been the creation of the credit card. With the introduction of the use of plastic, shoppers now have the ability to purchase items with needing to carry large amounts of cash. This development has reduced the risk of consumers having their wallets lost or stolen and with it the money in the wallets. Also, credit cards not only allow users convenience, but also give them protection against fraud and illegal usage.
However, using debit and credit cards also means that consumers that use them need to take certain measures to ensure that the cards are used properly. Whether consumers use credit cards where they sign their name or use it as debit card where they use a personal identification number during a point of sale transaction, they need to take precautions on using the card. By following common sense rules of usage, they will reduce the risk of fraud by criminals.
Consumers need to be cautious when dealing with credit and debit cards. Suggestions such as not leaving cards unattended, not having written personal identification numbers handy and when conducting online transactions they should only do them at online sites where you know they are legitimate. And, also importantly never release personal financial information such as account numbers, social security numbers and other information.
Shopping Safety Tips
- Shopping Safety – Police suggestions on precautions that shoppers should take to be safe while shopping.
- Safe Shopping – Informative site which deals with issues related to shopping.
- Shopping Safety – Google article providing tips on how shoppers can be safe online.
- Mall and Shopping Safety – Important tips for shoppers on how to remain safe while going to and from shopping areas.
- Holiday Shopping Safety – Tips and information that can be used by shoppers during the holidays.
Online Shopping Tips
- Shopping Tips – Fox News report providing eleven tips for safe online shopping.
- Shopping Online – Informative page which gives tips and information on having safe online shopping experiences.
- Safe Online Shopping – Information and tips on having safe online shopping experiences.
- Safety Tips – Suggestions on how to keep shoppers safe while online.
- Online Holiday Safety – Tips and information on safe shopping online during the holiday season.
Credit Card Fraud
- Credit Card Fraud – Information on how to avoid being a victim of card fraud and scams.
- Credit Card Fraud Information – Informative resource from Cornell University providing an overview of card fraud.
- Internet Fraud – FBI resource discussing common Internet fraud that occurs.
- WSJ Identity Theft – Useful article detailing how credit and debit card fraud can lead to identity theft for consumers.
- Card Fraud – Helpful resource for consumers on how to avoid being a victim of card fraud.
- Credit Card Fraud – Information on how fraud can occur using cards and how to prevent being a victim.
- Avoiding Card Fraud – Helpful information for consumers on how they can avoid being a victim of credit and charge card fraud.
- Prevention Information – Useful page from a major credit reporting agency listing fraud prevention ideas.
- Fraud Prevention Tips – Web page which provides a number of useful fraud prevention suggestions.
- Detecting Card Fraud – Page providing information on how to detect some of the most card fraud scams.
- Protection Tips – Information from Visa listing common tips to protect users from card fraud.
General Shopping Safety Advice
- Security Tips – Helpful video providing do’s and don’ts on safe online shopping.
- Safe Shopping – National Crime Prevention Council advice on how to be safe while shopping online and in person.
- PC World Tips – Information and suggestion on how shoppers can be safe on Cyber Monday and throughout the year.
- Black Friday Safety – Shopping tips on how consumers can be safe while out on the busiest shopping day of the year.
- Safe Shopping for the Elderly – Useful page from AARP providing shoppers with helpful advice on how to be safe while shopping.
|Point Of Sale Systems||POS Software & Downloads||Resources On POS|